Dr. Marlene Kasman
In this fast paced world, we often drive ourselves too hard, forget to take time out for ourselves and can become depressed. Did you know that the simple act of smiling can actually help lift feelings of depression. As a test, try standing in front of a mirror and smiling at yourself for 8 minutes. The effect will surprise you.
Scientific evidence demonstrates that the facial changes …more
Individuals, Group, Marriage and Couples Counseling
I am a licensed psychologist / psychoanalyst. In my practice of over 35 years, my goal is to help people empower themselves, enhance their quality of life, and enjoy fulfilling relationships. I seek to help them improve their personal relationships, utilizing individual and group psychotherapy. My experience and work with couples in marriage counseling and family therapy is extensive. I also specialize in the treatment of those who struggle with eating disorders, suffer with infertility issues, and the elderly and their families. In all of these areas, family counseling and relationship counseling is extremely helpful as it provides the tools for effective communication and is essential in the building of trust.
My primary practice is in Suffolk County, Long Island, New York. I have an additional part-time office in Delray Beach, Florida.
Licenses / Certifications / Memberships
- Licensed Psychologist in New York State
- Licensed Psychologist in Florida
- Doctorate Degree in Clinical Psychology, Adelphi University
- Postdoctoral Diploma in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy, Adelphi University
- Postdoctoral Diploma in Group Psychotherapy, Adelphi University
- National Register, Health Service Providers in Psychology
- National Registry of Certified Group Therapists
- American Psychological Association
- American Group Psychotherapy Association
- New York State Psychological Association
- Suffolk County Psychological Association
- Northeast Psychological Associates (NEPA)